Information on:

The Franklin Mineral Museum

The Franklin Mineral Museum
32 Evans Street
973-827-3481

The Franklin Mineral Museum a non-profit educational institution is located at 32 Evans Street, Franklin, Sussex County, New Jersey. The museum was incorporated June 2, 1964.

The Franklin Mineral Museum's mission is to preserve the mineral wealth, geology, knowledge, and history of "the greatest mineral locality on earth." The area is perceived to be one of the best of "Nature's Classrooms" by many prominent intellectuals and has much to offer science students and professionals.

On September 13, 1968 the State of New Jersey passed a resolution declaring the Borough of Franklin:

"The Fluorescent Mineral Capital of the World." These zinc deposits have produced 357 different mineral species starting with the discovery of zincite in 1810 by Dr. Archibald Bruce.

The Franklin Mineral Museum's mission is to preserve the mineral wealth, geology, knowledge, and history of "the greatest mineral locality on earth." The area is perceived to be one of the best of "Nature's Classrooms" by many prominent intellectuals and has much to offer science students and professionals.

There is a long list of scientists, medical doctors, engineers, and other professionals who were inspired by a childhood visit to the Franklin Mineral Museum. The Franklin Mineral Museum hopes to continue the tradition of inspiration and education for many years to come. The advancement of technology has given us a better understanding of the greatness and scope of the mineral deposits at Franklin and Ogdensburg, New Jersey. Every aspect of the intrigue of this locality generates knowledge that the museum passes on to its visitors.



The Franklin Mineral Museum is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media

Photos